Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cheese Rolls

Once again, I got hungry and tried to find some ingredients to throw together. Luckily I still had some of the ingredients left from my rolled pizza meal, because there wasn't much else to be found. This time I tweaked the recipe because I didn't have any pepperonis and I thought the topping last time was a little too strong.


So I rolled a third of a stick of string cheese in each crescent, leaving a third to enjoy for the time being, and brushed the tops of each of them with olive oil. The olive oil helps the topping to stick and to brown it up a bit. Instead of mixing the topping as before I just sprinkled the top with grated parmesan topping and used an italian seasoning grinder to finish it off.



I followed the instructions on the can of crescents and preheated and cooked them for the allotted time. Once they'd browned up I removed them. They turned out very nice and didn't leak as much cheese as last time.



I served it up with pizza dipping sauce and I thought they tasted better than my first attempt. The topping didn't taste overly salty, though some pepperoni might have added a nice spice to them. I think this is a very good meal for kids and something that is easy to whip up when you need something quick. If I had kids this would definitely be a go-to meal.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment